Time to review
With the New Year just days away, I thought I would write a review of 2016 and reflect on what a fantastic year I have had. Through health, fitness and outdoor sports, I have developed a lifestyle that really makes me happy and I want to inspire and motivate others to do the same. I’ve had such fun from cycling and camping that my motivation levels have gone through the roof and I thought that I would share some of the highlights of the last year with you. Already I am feeling inspired and excited for the coming year and I cannot wait to set some challenges for 2017.
How did it happen?
I really found my motivation for Outdoor Sports again this year after a camping trip to the north west of Scotland with a dear friend. I hadn’t been camping for over 20 years and I didn’t know if I would enjoy it again. I really thought my camping days were long gone. We had a wonderful time and I was hooked and, after this trip, I decided to start blogging a bit more about my participation in Outdoor Sports. After all, I have always been enthusiastic about the outdoors, I have been cycling for years, and this is my Passion. Now I am enjoying my Outdoor Sports more than ever and I can’t wait for 2017 to come and to experience the amazing new opportunities it will bring!
Highlights of the Year
- Cycling The Outer Hebrides from Barra to Lewis. It was a fantastic experience with highs and lows but over the 186 miles I learned so much about myself and had lots of fun. http://davidcreilly.com/first-day-cycling-adventure-barra-south-uist/
- A wonderful camping trip to Ullapool and Durness. On the whole the weather was great and I will never forget the beaches and mountains of Sutherland, I long to go back. http://davidcreilly.com/new-adventures-camping/
- Visiting Cape Wrath, the most north westerly tip of the British Isles, was just amazing. It felt like the ends of the earth, so remote but so beautiful.
- Camping in the Ettrick Valley for a few days with wall to wall sunshine. http://davidcreilly.com/camping-ettrick-valley/
- Being asked to represent Beyond Boundaries East Lothian (BBEL) as an ambassador. I’m very grateful to have been asked and I look forward to working with them in the coming year. http://davidcreilly.com/disabled-people-east-lothian-pushing-boundaries-sport/
Things I have learned this year
- My passion for outdoor sports is as great as its ever been. I might have lacked motivation because of the difficulty of finding people to take part with me in outdoor sports but now I am doing it again I am so happy.
- Perhaps I could inspire and motivate other people. I’ve had so much encouraging feedback it has inspired me to carry on writing and sharing my experiences.
- Doing my sport and writing about it is following my bliss, and doing what makes me happy. I love sport and keeping fit, I have so much fun which is why I keep doing it.
- More evidence,as if I need it, that healthy body and healthy mind go together. I feel fantastic!
- I’m making friends across the world. Via Twitter I have got chatting to people both locally and on the other side of the world and my life is enriched for that.
In my next post I am going to share some of my hopes and dreams for the coming year!
I was very grateful this year to secure the support of the following companies and I look forward to representing or promoting them in the coming year.